Monday, August 20, 2007

Nice Press Coverage


I am adding this only to show that the Hampton Roads area is a nice place for an artist to reside as the local paper(voted number one in the state) and its circulation extends all the way to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The "Hampton Roads area" consists of the cities of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Suffolk.
This particular article appeared in two of the five city "inserts", which meant it got to about 250,000 households. Did it work? As the gallery said, the best ever crowd for an opening and the most sales on opening night!
I must add that this occured because of the gallery owner who had the "connections" necessary for this to happen. She has been an absolute "jewel" with my career from offering me advice as how to better display my works at outdoor shows to pricing suggestions as my works improve. She has even recommended me to other galleries! How many artists get that kind of reception from a gallery owner these days. She is also one of the biggest advocates of my doing two large outdoor shows that occur just blocks away from her gallery!........and some galleries absolutely forbid such things.

No comments: