Friday, August 24, 2007

Outer Banks Vacation

This painting is a 4x6 oil on wood and is a perfect introduction to explain my two addresses, Virginia Beach and Nags Head. It is also a work that was in the 16th Annual Miniature Show at the Seaside Gallery in Nags Head and sold to a family from California on vacation in the area.
I am very fortunate to own homes in both sites, and they are only 91 miles apart. As my wife and I are now both fully retired, we have the luxury of changing addresses at the "drop of a hat".
This particularly home is an example of the disappearing scenes on the Outer Banks as the newer and more expensive homes are taking their place(and aren't very good artistic subjects).
Our home is about a 1000 yards from the ocean, but backed up on two sides to a National Wildlife preserve....hence, deer, fox and other "critters" abound. But the lovely thing is that I am able to paint in spot about 30' in the air overlooking these sights....while not worrying about my messy garage and yardwork that is needed done back in Virginia Beach!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Great page, dad!

Everett said...

Are you interesting in trading art for art?

http://www.geocities.com/egnealart/

http://artstream.com/enealpic.html

everettneal@hotmail.com

Pete Labyak said...

Everett,

Your sculpture work is awesome...but trading is not an interest at this time. I have two homes already bulging after 45 years of marriage and world travels! Thanks for asking

Rick Nilson said...

I think that I have painted your house. Or the one just like it.
http://obxfineart.blogspot.com