Sunday, August 19, 2007

Potpourri of Works....or What do you like to do?

The following are some of this year's work....many which received most detailed critiques from artists "way beyond" my expertise..and to whom I forever indebted. The far right are four of my four submissions to Miniature Art Society of Florida show in January 2008. My toes & fingers are crossed. Note the smaller than normal size for me.




Still lifes completed for my last big outdoor show of the year this weekend(25/26 Aug)....but works I want to redo on ivorine...with more attention to detail for possible competition submission




Very popular subjects at shows....wine bottle stills. Love doing them(old Navy man talking!) Both targets for ivorine and more attention to detail for miniature shows.


I might add...all my works do NOT get the awesome attention a show piece gets(magnifier, sanding, rework, etc). Most are painted so that general public can appreciate with eyes...and from some distance.

Love doing tug boats! Wouldn't let them come near me on my destoyers...but they are hard working and beautiful subjects. Like to paint them with the respect they are due.






This is a particular favorite as this is what the US Naval Academy waterfront looked like when I was there from 1958-1962.






These four represent what the bulk of my works usually are......scenes from the Outer Banks for use in a Nags Head gallery that I am in....and a very large annual outdoor show in Manteo, NC

No comments: