Thursday, August 23, 2007

One Person Gallery Show.....and

(click on image for larger view)
In July 2007, the culmination of my acceptance as a miniature artist in this area was being asked to do a one month, one person show at one of our more prestigious galleries in the Hampton Roads area. I literally was the first miniaturist to ever be asked to do this and was furthered honored to have a lovely newspaper article done in two of our five city magazines that are large inserts into our daily newspaper.
There is no intent to "brag" by the above....only simply the fact that it has taken five years of outdoor shows and various gallery associations to find a gallery willing to "take a chance" on one of their monthly shows(which are well publicized in this area) with these "tiny works". Simply put, volume sales at lower prices can often outdo larger works at higher prices....but it takes a courageous gallery owner to take that chance and in this case....she won based on the public's reaction to the show. Now I can say that I am a permanent "artist on display" in four galleries between Virginia and North Carolina.

1 comment:

Robbie Moody said...

Okay, so am I the ONLY one in this family who does not blog? Guess I will be next. I am totally impressed with what you have done!